Granite remains the top choice for kitchen and bathroom countertops for consumers across the globe. It is a natural stone formed as a result of volcanic activity and years of compression and heat below the surface of the earth. Granite countertops are among the hottest high-end options and their popularity seems to see no decline.
A granite countertop marble countertops offers the best aesthetic value and is available in a number of colors, ranging from white to dark black, and everything in between. You will find a natural granite to complement every type of design and style. If you are not impressed by the sheer beauty and durability of granite, here are some other reasons which prove that it is a great choice for countertops:
– Increases the Value of Home – The countertops made of granite convey luxury and sophistication. They increase the value of your property as well as leave a very good impression on people visiting your house. They are considered as a very good lifetime investment.
– Unique Designs and Styles – No two pieces of granite slabs are identical. Each granite countertop will have its own charm and appeal. Available in rich earth tones, vibrant shades of green, blue, red and yellow to basic tones of gray, black and white, there is a granite to suit every home’s interior. You can also find many white granite options if you want the look of a marble countertop, but with superior durability and ease of maintenance.
– Durable – A granite countertop will stand the test of time and last for decades, if maintained properly. It is not only resistant to chipping, cracking and cracking, but also heat resistant.
– Easy Maintenance – It is very easy to clean a granite countertop as compared to a marble countertop. Once it is properly installed and sealed by a professional, granite is resistant to stains, molds and bacteria. It can be easily cleaned with soap and water to maintain its natural beauty and shine for a lifetime.
– Evergreen – Granite has been around for centuries and its popularity has not decreased even a bit. It has always been the top choice of buyers due to its numerous desirable qualities like, durability, beauty and value.
– Natural Beauty – The stunning natural appearance of granite is the main reason homeowners choose granite countertops for their kitchen and bathroom. These countertops can add style and elegance to any place.
Though there are unlimited granite color alternatives available in the market, but when time comes to choose the one for kitchen countertop, even the normal homeowner can hastily become overwhelmed. Nevertheless, it should not have to be in that manner because if you utilize only few ways to eradicate granite colors, you can easily minimize your option that will go well with your home decor.
First you need to decide on your budget so that you will know how much you can spend to buy marble countertop. Most of the people who are not aware about the sandstone and new to it are shocked to know that some granite colors cost more than other common pigments. Therefore, when you are shopping for marble color designed for the countertop, the main thing you have to consider is whether the color you are searching will come within your budget or not. It is important to make sure that you know what you need to check and then verify the price for per square foot; because that is the way most of the granites are being charged.
The affect of light and room size, where the marble will be going the place are two main criteria that you need to consider while selecting a color. If the room size is small and lighting also mostly dim, then it is likely best to choose a light shade stone. Often, dull colors prone to make a space feel much darker and smaller, and as you already have these traits in the room, you do not need to make it much worse. Whereas, a big room that involves a great capacity of light may has darker granite to alter the room feel more pleasant.
All this varies based on the appearance you are planning for and what is going to be more pleasing to the eye in that particular room. As the countertops are going to be precise up beside your cabinets, so it is significant that the both colors work collectively.
Get only some samples of sandstone that you are taking into consideration to the existing cabinet. You have to make sure that the general color of the granite, along with the traces in it, both should work well with the cabinet. You can remove any stone option that do not accomplish well with the closet color.
As a final point, you need to be sure that the granite which you choose goes well with the style of your kitchen. Therefore, first think about your kitchen whether it is modern, realm, fashionable or conventional and then go for marble that will match well with the appearance. When you are shopping for shiny and modern tiles, then do not select a white or green slab. As an alternative, you can consider about black color granite.